Pregnancy Journey Part 2: Telling people

Telling people and Mixed results?! 



After the initial shock of finding out your pregnant then comes the telling people, if this is what you chose to do so soon. Some people wait until they can't hide their bumps anymore and some people tell everyone as soon as they see that positive result. I don't think there is any 'right' time it's your body and baby and you need to do what you feel is right ( a motto I found it good to stick too throughout all pregnancy and motherhood!) Of course we told the people closest to us first. It's a very strange thing indeed to actually say the words ' I'm pregnant' to your loved ones. It's so strange and something you might have imagined a lot but even if you know that person will be 100% supportive you get that little moment of doubt where you just don't know what they will say and how they will react. Fortunately for me everything went fairly smoothly!

Back to them pregnancy tests.. The digital one I had just done was again a twin pack so the morning after telling my partner and then our families I do the second. You might ask why I'm doing such a silly thing but when you've not had any scans or symptoms that little line/words is the only thing that's real telling you your pregnant, nothing beats the excitement. And of course it would have just gone to waste otherwise, them tests aren't cheap! (don't worry I got my boots points) then to my horror it said 'NOT pregnant' excuse me?! I think I was more shocked at that one than the previous positives. Crap, is there some kind of bizarre illness/food/hormone deficiency that means you could get some false positives?! I had literally just broke the news to people, imagine explaining to them all that you had got it wrong.. Looking back I see how ridiculous I was being and how the chances of that happening are extremely remote. They said a false negative result is quite common but false positives almost never ever happen, especially three! ( I googled at the time and felt relieved by this info) I don't know wether it was just my crazy pregnancy hormones kicking in but I couldn't help but panic, my poor dad being the only one home got the brunt of this panic, bless him. I rushed up tesco and brought some more, I won't say how many as at this point it's getting fairly embarrassing) I did more , I was pregnant with them ones surprise surprise. A little tip I learnt from this weird experience was to not drink too much water before a pregnancy test, I might as well of poured water onto the poor stick.












All my tests!! You can see the line is deeper on the one that was taken just one day after the first, and the mysterious not pregnant! 

No comments