Pregnancy Journey Part 4: Hosiptal, hospital and more hospital...

Hospital, hospital and more hospital...


I remember when I thought the morning sickness was hard, but that was a walk in the park compared to my later pregnancy as at least I got to suffer through it in my own home. 

My first hospital stay was as early at 14 weeks pregnant. I had somehow developed an ear infection, and my god it was the most painful experience ever. I think I'd rather sooner give birth  than have one of them again. Of course normally they go away after a few days of hell with antibiotics, but what happens when you can't keep your antibiotics down? 

Every time I time I took them they would come back up almost immediately so hardly any of them were staying in my system. Cue my boyfriend ringing 111 and eventually getting an out of hours appointment one night when I couldn't take the pain any longer and there was no end in sight for it if I couldn't keep the pills down, and his lovely parents taking me to my doctors late one evening. They gave me some anti sickness tablets and painkillers to take with the antibiotics, also some ear drops which my partner had the fun job of waking me up every few hours to put them in, I'm getting the shivers now even thinking about the pain. He didn't go to work that day on the recommendation of the doctors that someone keep an eye on me, and thank god he didn't because 24 hours later I was being told by my doctor to get myself to a & e. I still was being sick constantly to the point of it becoming dangerous, that we got to spend a lovely Friday night in a and e. My mum and partner again were there with me the whole evening, they placed me on an iv of fluids and anti sickness and I had to stay in hospital for two days whilst they treated my ear and my sickness. My ear infection was so strong that even after 48 hours of iv antibiotics I had to have two weeks of tablets when I got home, and ear drops and an ear wick. 

I do not handle staying overnight in hospital well to say the least. This was the first time I had had to do this pretty much ever and it was horrible. Don't get me wrong my hospital I found to be great throughout my pregnancy but I just couldn't stand not being in my own home, with my partner. I assumed this would be the last time I had too until the baby came but by the end of my pregnancy it was almost my second home... 

No comments